Remedial massage is a natural treatment that manipulates the soft tissues of the body which are specific to the cause thus having a specific therapeutic effect, rather than a general therapeutic effect. The practitioners will use relevant techniques, oils and movements according to your needs, pain threshold and response. This type of massage works at the cellular level aiding soft tissue repair. Each practitioner will bring about a specific individualised therapeutic change.
What is it?
It is a deep massage done by a trained massage therapist, to bring repair to the body rectifying the injury, preventing reoccurrence and returning the body back to normal health after injury or muscular skeletal disorders. The massage is directed at the skin using oil, which deeply penetrates the muscles and joints associated with pain. This type of massage is used to treat chronic muscular-skeletal imbalances, strains, sprains or any injury where the skin is intact. Deep tissue massage removes blockages, damaged cells; scar tissue and adhesion left after injury, speeds up recovery and encourages more complete healing. Remedial massage is also used for conditions created by lifestyle for example repetitive strain injury and back/shoulder pain. It is designed to increase the flow of blood and lymph, particularly in the injured areas. During treatment there is tenderness in areas that are being treated, it indicates which muscles and tendons are injured. Throughout the massage we will ask you numerous questions about the injury and what you are feeling and where this is enable us to gain your feedback in order to help us pinpoint the damaged tissue/s and to regulate pressure. After a massage you should immediately feel a result; after 3-4 sessions vast improvements.
The key benefits of Remedial Massage include:
- Stimulation to the blood supply allowing toxins in the muscles to be removed;
- Calming of the peripheral nervous system to ease pain and discomfort;
- the toning and relaxing of muscles to improve joint mobility;
- Improvement to the health of the cells, the repairing of tissues, and the easing of stiffness and tension
- Deep Relaxation
- Increase range of movement in joints
- Recover from minor injuries
- Reduce stress and headache
- Improve quality of sleep
- Increase blood circulation
- Promote tissue regeneration
- Reduce scar tissue
- Speed up removal of toxins and metabolic wastes