Many of our clients come to us and explain their reasons as to what causes their headaches. From coffee, food, sinuses to hunger and lack of sleep; the list is endless but are they the true causes?
Often people will find that their headache pain is directly related to the trigger points in the neck and head. The pain can then be relieved by releasing those trigger points with massage and soft tissue therapy.
Soft- tissues are the soft structures within the body and when they are traumatised, they can cause relative pain and an onset of health problems if not treated properly.
Generally speaking, there are 3 types of headache sufferers:
- Rarely suffer from headaches
- You may have very tight, painful muscles in your neck but rarely get a headache.
- Occasionally suffer from headaches
- If you suffer from headaches occasionally then you are most likely to get them once or twice a month. It is rare that your headaches will interfere with other commitments. You will suffer from general headache pain and tightness in the neck.
- Suffer from severe headaches
You tend to suffer a lot worse than most others. The tremendous pain you are in will impede on commitments. You will probably be tight through the neck and head.
The causes of headaches are not yet known however massage therapy has been a popular method of aiding those that are in pain.
Soft-tissue pain can mimic the symptoms of many disorders and can also contribute to other health problems. Many people often come to their own diagnosis however there is a reason behind the pain you are feeling.
Soft-tissue damage should be treated accordingly in order to eliminate spasms, restore flexibility, rebuild endurance and strength and establish the most efficient recover process without re- injury.
The experienced team at the Massage and Injury Management Clinic are dedicating their time to you and your health as they want to be able to assist you in any way possible to ensure you are pain free.